Sunday, October 4, 2009

Historically Inspired Costume Blog


I applaud those amazing historically accurate mantua makers out there in the 21st century. I so long to have the patience to hand sew. lol I just can't bring myself to do it!! I'm terrible! I also love BRIGHT pinks and the price of poly/cotton blends and faux silk taffeta...*sighs* and sadly I'm just too addicted to my trusted machine. As you read my blog please keep in mind I like to be creative. I don't strive to be historically accurate, I prefer to call it Historically Inspired :)


3 comments:

Time Traveling in Costume said...

Keep at it. I was in the same place 6 years ago. I already knew how to basically sew but completely unfamiliar with historical sewing or correct fabrics. I learned most of what I know on the internet. And my biggest coue was finding costume guilds, and fellow costumers who knew more than I did.
Now I'm in the position to share my knowledge with some newbies, and help them learn from my mistakes. Good luck!
Val

Duchess of Hardgrove said...

Thanks Val for the comment. I have a 2 yr degree in Fashion Design but they sure don't teach you the historically accurate techniques!! lol..its like starting all over again but everyone's blogs have been so helpful and inspiring :)

Lauren said...

I agree with Time Traveling Costumer. Keep learning and your mistakes will teach you more than your triumphs. Good Luck!

Post a Comment